August 15, 2011

Seven Months

Is it already time for a monthly update? I feel like I just wrote Charly's 6 month one!

She has changed a lot in this past month, and it has been so fun (and pretty tiring at times, too!)

Deer in the headlights!

Here are some updates (and pictures, and videos... c'mon guys, of course I'm gonna overkill it!) of seven month old Charlotte Mae:


  • We have yet to find a food she doesn't like. Acorn and butternut squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, avocado, banana, peas... and the list goes on. 
She had just eaten bananas- so totally happy!

  • She loves to spit and blow raspberries. She started doing it when she doesn't like something, too... like when I wipe her nose, she protests by spitting. Funny kid.
  • She tried really hard to crawl for a while, and finally about a week and a half ago, she did it! She's a little slow going still, but she does really well!
Here she is trying to crawl...

and here she is actually crawling:

  • She is really into trying to munch on her toes. Sometimes she is successful at that. 
  • She is sitting like a champ. Before she would topple over pretty quickly. Now, she can sit up for longer periods if she has enough incentive- like sitting up to watch Sesame Street
Yup, still totally enthralled with that show.

  • While we were in Utah my mom taught her to say "Na Na"! I figure that is close to "ma ma", so maybe one of these days she'll figure that out. Funny story, just this morning I had a dream that Charly started saying "amen"- like just up and said it perfectly...crazy!
  • My mom also taught her to clap. She'll do it when she gets excited. Its pretty adorable. 
  • She cut two teeth while we were in Utah! 
This is the best picture I could get. She took the opportunity to smear her banana covered fingers on my lens when she knew my hands were tied. Little smarty pants! 
  • She is crazy active- like crawl all over you during church kind of active. I don't know what we are going to do to wrangle her in- if anyone has suggestions, I'm open!
  • She kicks her legs when she is excited
  • She is just brimming with personality. We love the little person she is becoming! Just check out this video of Matt aiming the hairdryer at her- she is so fun! 

We sure love our little munchkin!