It is amazing how these month markers change the passage of time. Each month I have a moment of "really, already?! (blank) months old?!" and yet so much changes in such a short amount of time that to think back to her six month update seems like so much time has passed.
| Matt will probably be mad at me for posting this picture, but look how cute her little grumpy face and crazy hair is! |
Since we had a picture post not too long ago I don't have a lot to share in this post, so it will be a little more wordy and less visual. Sorry!
Charly is as delightful as ever at eight months old. She is such an incredible spirit- full of light and happiness. It is totally contagious- you can't help but be happy around her!
She still just has two teeth, although I've been convinced for weeks that more were just on the verge of cutting through. She manages to chew pretty well with just her two bottom chompers, though!
Charly is ticklish on her thighs and under her arms.
She is crawling much faster and is cruising around on the furniture all the time. She'll pull herself up to a stand and stay standing for long periods of time.
She loves walking around the apartment holding on to our hands. I think she's going to be an early walker.
She flaps her arms and claps when she gets really excited. It is usually accompanied by some screeching, too. So cute.
We have springy door stops all throughout our apartment and she is fascinated with them. Somehow she figured out how to remove them (you just twist them off) so she'll grab them and tote them around the house.
She continues to eat just about everything we give her. She seems to have issues with textures sometimes, though. I've pureed carrots and cauliflower that she didn't want because it was a little grainy, but she chowed down on a lemon at the restaurant we went to yesterday.
She LOVES other kids.
Charly gives great kisses- wide open mouth with her tongue out. Still, its adorable because she knows they are kisses. She just started giving her stuffed dog kisses the other day. She thinks that is hilarious.
She is napping like a champ. Night time... still not great. Some nights are better than others.
She is amazingly active. She loves climbing all over me when we play on the ground.
She still loves books (mostly turning the pages over and over) and even took a big bite out of one of her board books the other day! Putting those little teeth to work!
We discovered how fun the swings are the other day- she'd be content being pushed in a swing forever!
She LOVES the fireplace. She'll dart over to it and grin when I tell her "no". Such a mischievous baby:)
She loves feeding herself snacks with her hands. It is awesome to be able to put her in the high chair with some puffs while I make dinner. She stays totally entertained.
Charly is such a fun little stinker. Watching her grow is the coolest thing ever. She brings so much joy into our lives- its insane. Sure, nights can be rough. Exhausting. Downright frustrating. But her cute little self is just so darn fun to have around, it totally makes up for it! I am loving the stage she is in right now, and I have a feeling it is just going to keep getting better.