| I took these pictures! Holli isn't the only one who has picture taking skills. But she did teach me everything I know! |
This recipe comes from Holli's Mom. Don't be afraid of the W word...I know, I hate to say it...Whole wheat. Despite their healthy appearance they are really good and even better and less healthy when you pour delicious buttermilk syrup all over them! Let me quote my sister Nikki, "Holy Crap! These things are like crack!" She has a certain refinement and elegance about her, I know, but what better way to describe how these pancakes taste!
| The stack right before I ate them! |
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Ingredients
1C Buttermilk
2 Eggs
1tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 C Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 C Milk (or more depending how thin you like your pancakes)
Directions
Mix the first 7 ingredients (Buttermilk - Flour). Then mix in the Honey. Slowly add in Milk until the batter is to your liking. I always do a test pancake just to make sure it's where I want it before I make them all. If it is too thin, mix in a little more flour. Once the batter is where you want it, cook the pancakes on a greased griddle or pan.
Buttermilk Syrup
Ingredients
1/2 C Butter
1 C Buttermilk
1 Tbsp. Karo Syrup
2 C Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Directions
In a large saucepan combine the first 4 ingredients (Butter - Sugar) on medium high heat. Bring to a boil for one minute and then add the Vanilla and Baking Soda. The syrup will start to foam. Take it off the heat and stir down the foam. The syrup will thicken as it cools.