| Also shown in this picture is Pão de Queijo see my previous blog post. |
Every time I eat this wonderful staple it transports me back to simpler times. I am filled with memories of walking the streets of Brazil, sitting at a dumpy yet wonderful Brazilian restaurant, eating some rice and beans, maybe some churrasco with farofa, sipping on some guraana and thinking life couldn't be better.
I served my mission in Southern Brazil in the city of Porto Alegre. The staple there was black beans, but every so often some one gave us brown beans. For some reason I always thought it was a treat. so I decided to post the brown beans first, plus I think it is more common in the majority of Brazil. One day I will post a black bean recipe too.
Thanks for indulging me on my little trip down memory lane. For those of you who served with me in Brazil or have visited Brazil and know how awesome the rice and beans are...you're welcome. For those of you who have Brazil on the brain with the upcoming World Cup and Olympics...you might want to get used to these. And finally anyone who feels like trying a new delicious and easy dish...bom proveito! Here is the link to both the rice and the beans recipe. P.S. Don't skip the bacon. It's not the same without it! I also added a clove of garlic in the rice when cooking the onions.