August 5, 2012

Pistachio Ice Cream

I love anything pistachio flavored. Holli and I are always on the look out for good pistachio ice cream. Apparently the best way is to make it yourself. I'm not really surprised though. All of these homemade ice creams we have been making are better than the store bought stuff. I really think toasting the pistachios is what sets this ice cream apart. Mine turned out just a little bit too salty, because my pistachios were salted when they shouldn't have been. Although I did like the saltier kick it was just a little too much. Lesson learned.



This ice cream was rich, nutty, salty, and with some chopped up pistachios, a little crunchy. Holli and I agreed this was the best pistachio ice cream we have ever had! This is another recipe we got from Jeni! He ice creams never cease to amaze us! Here is her recipe featured by food and wine.